Saturday, September 22, 2012

Zentangles!

As this blog is aimed to feature EVERYTHING wonderful in my world I wanted to share with you a drawing form that I LOVE!! It is called Zentangle.

The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is copyrighted. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.


Seriously, Rick and Maria are geniuses!  Anyone familiar with Zentangles, is aware that this is not doodling, in fact from what I have read "doodling" is not a nice word.  I have no idea how I stumbled across this, I have always loved drawing this way but finding Zentangle opened up a whole new world of possibilities!!

I did these three pictures for one of my best friends who also happens to be my tattoo artist.  I made these for his shop and from what I have read this is a Zentangle inspired art, a form of Zentagle.  Please go to their site and have a look around, I highly reccomend this as a tool for relaxation!


1 comment: