Thursday, April 29, 2010

Niece's birthday card Challenge entry

I posted two posts yesterday and no one came to visit, guess the posts were boring lol!

I found out today that I made top 5 at www.craftycardmakers.blogspot.com!
Yay me, made my day a little brighter!

I made a card for my Niece's 10th Birthday, really wanted to accomplish something today and I am so glad that I finished a card! I used a freebie image from Dustin Pike who is an awesome illustrator and creates amazing digi images if you haven't been to his blog you should go, his images are awesome www.dustinpike.blogspot.com. I just wish there was a way I could buy his images because I would in a second, the ones he has for sale are drool worthy, and I would by all of them they are very low priced and well worth it, but alas I cant purchase something over the computer and pass cash through the computer screen or I would.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
www.charismacards.blogspot.com - Girly with flowers
www.craftycardmakers.blogspot.com - Desert Island (can't live without sticky gems need to have them!)
www.creativecraftchallenges.blogspot.com- blooms (flowers)
www.dareu2digistamp.blogspot.com- flowers
www.everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.com- song title (The happy birthday song counts right?)
www.fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com- sketch
www.fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com- birthday with sweet treat
www.inkyimpressionschallenge.blogspot.com- 3 layers 2 DPS 1 ribbon (ribbon in center underneath star brads)
www.kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.com- flowers
www.magicalcraftsfortnightlychallenge.blogspot.com- girly
www.onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com- flowers
www.ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com- blooms (flowers)
www.paperjewelsstamps.blogspot.com- bling
www.pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com- Make it sweet
www.ssdschallenge.blogspot.com- girlie
www.bellichallenge.blogspot.com- Birthday
www.sewmanychallenges.blogspot.com- anything goes
www.stampwithus.blogspot.com- Birthday
www.onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com- metallic (star brads)

Whew didn't think I would qualify for that many! looking for these challenges keeps me busy, take up a good hour to go through my list to See what I qualify for and then each morning I go through each of the challenge blogs to see if they have a new challenge. I am learning with my anxiety that I have to keep my mind focused on other things so I don't have time to think about my anxiety so if going through all of the challenges takes up some of my time then its all good, I need some excitement in my life and I love the anticipation of entering challenges! Hope you don't find it rude I enter so many.

Really want to leave the house I am getting cabin fever I think, I am going stir crazy, and I want to stock up my stash of craft supplies so bad, I was talking with Ryan today and we realized I have pretty much been confined to the house for almost 6 months! That's crazy, I have been sick for almost 3 years but its this past 6 months have been the worst, and the past month the absolute worst. How much longer nobody knows but I know I am not going to wake up tomorrow and be better and that's kind of depressing. Anyways enough of the depressing stuff for today, just feels good to get it out, you know what I mean?

26 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Very CUte card!!! Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fun bright card, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Candace!! I can so relate to the anxiety disorder! You're doing good by staying busy but you're right, you do need to get out of the house and get some fresh air and some shopping!! Just take it one step at a time!! My thoughts are with you as I know how hard it is!!! Good luck and many prayers!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the bright colours. I am sure your niece will love it. Thanks for playing along at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great card.. I love the image you used and all the bright colors... Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week..

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable. I am sure your niece is going to love the image and nice bright colors.

    I am sorry to hear you are so ill. I actually went through something, not the same, but simialar. It was just as long, but not quite as serious. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...hugs, Sandy O

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful bright and cheery card! Thank you for joining us at MCFC, hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is adorable, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your neice is sure to adore this card hun. Thanks for sharing it with us here at OSAAT and I do hope you feel more like yourself soon. Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun card! I am sure she will love it! thanks for playing along at SMC and at SSDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT. I do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colourful card. There is a lot going on to keep your Niece interested. she will love it.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sweet card love the image and the colours.... Thanks for playing with Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is just gorjus,love the colurs you have used thanks for joining us at OSAAT hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on your niece's birthday card - I'm sure she will love that cute image and the fun, bright colors! Congratulations on your weight loss journey, too! That's a wonderful accomplishment! Take care of yourself and thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and wonderful flowers :) Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, and don't forget to check back for the new challenge and a special store anouncement in just a few hours :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute little image.. Love all your details.
    Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done for making our top 5 in the last challenge :)

    Great to know that taking part in the challenges is helping you with your anxiety, really wish you well with your recovery.

    I too like Dustin's images, I can't draw to save my life and love his doodles.

    Thanks for joining us in our latest challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. I'm so pleased that the challenges are helping you and keeping you busy. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Thanks for joining us with our flower challenge on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful hun clever you managing to join sooo many challenges lol, thanks for joining in at creative craft challenges and good luck,

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun fun creation, and love these great colors!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun bright and cheery card-sorry you have been ill! Glad you got some stampin in and Thanks for including the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW...look how many challenges you were able to do with this great birthday card! Great job, and we are happy the Belli Challenge was one of the many challenges you included this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great card and amazing amount of challenges! Thanks for playing along at Inky Impressions! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely bright card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a bright, fun card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete