Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Goals...how do you feel?

I saw a goal list over on Glow in the Dark Soul, where she had listed everything she needed/wanted to get done for the month of October.  It is an awesome idea because if you finish everything you can look back and feel accomplished and we all know how I need that positive feeling!  I only have a few goals but they themselves are pretty big and daunting tasks but if I'm dedicated, I'll do it!


On a side note (and a little rant)  I had someone tell me today that because I do not have a diploma for Photography, that I should be charging low prices?  I have been running my business for 2 years and I have a good portfolio to prove it, also where I am living, my prices are extremely competitive, she said, herself is an artist and she doesn't charge full price for her work because she is just starting out and that I am extremely unprofessional because I ask for a deposit to secure their date.  I also need to mention that she is the sister of a past client and that she is struggling financially and I worked out a lower price for her,  My time is valuable and I have had people cancel for bad hair days and not care that I could have made other plans for that day, so as a business owner I have created my own policies and guidelines, every business is different right?   Its moments like these though that make me think that I can't handle this because that really bothered me. How do you feel about this?  Do you think that she is right or do you believe that if you have the experience and produce quality work, that it doesn't matter about a diploma?  Here is the link to my photography website so you can see my work for yourself (my photography blog is on there too).


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like she is just jealous. She needs to relax and get over it. There are people all over the world that don't have a diploma to do things that they love. You have the right to make your own policies and procedures. She can to what she wants with her own business.

    ReplyDelete